terça-feira, 4 de junho de 2013

"The Photographer", um poema e uma ilustração sobre a profissão




The Photographer

The man who takes my photograph,
Tries very hard to make me laugh-
The naughty man! he makes me sad.
He taps his box, and says: "My dear,
"I've got a little bird in here!"
Oh, such a fib is awful bad!

He says, if I look nice and gay,
The little bird will come my way
In less than half-a-minute.
I know quite well, although he knocks
And whistles at his likeness box,
There's not a dicky in it.

Below a cloth he hides his head-
(He's sorry for the things he's said,
The naughty man! to make me laugh.)
But when he's feeling good again,
He comes all smiling from his den,
And squirts a funny ball, and then-
Why, then he's got my photograph!


Texto de JJ Bell. Illustração de C Robinson. In Jack of All Trades, Londres 1900. 

Fonte

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...